AMD still overheats...

parlee

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
at 100% load (alt tabbing from wow) it shows a temp of 58 C then when the load is off literally seconds after it drops to 50 (which is idle temp) is this just an error or what? should i bite the bullet and buy another aftermrket hsf? (dont have stock one) i jsut reapplied thermal paste and did an excellent job if i say so, followed instructions perfectly... it dropped idle temp maybe 1 degree, my guess as to why its still to hot (because there is sufficant airflow) is that the heatsink just isnt good enough for my proc. its an amd 3700+ stock speeds, which is 2.4ghz on the socket 754, it has 1 mb l2 cache... the socket 939 is only 2.2 ghz i believe, do u think this is too much for the thermaltake silent boost heatsink? please helppp

im confused, maybe the paste wasnt good? it was the stuff that came with my thermaltake hsf, the blower fan is blowing out air thats a lil warmer than room temp... and since my proc is over 50C im expecting it to be warm, all other components are reading at high 20's and low 30's (hd, chipset, video) speedfan and my motherboard are both postign the same temp... maybe the senser is messed up? is there a way to check? since it hasnt overheated or stuttered and my aquamark score is 52k after 4 hours of gaming i think its a messed senser? am i right can ANYONE help!