Precatious about installing RAM.

zulowen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Hi there.

I just bought a 256MB KINGSTON DDR RAM for my computer which my motherboard support PC2100,DDR266 with Two 184-pin DIMM slots.

My CPU now has a 256MB KINGSTON DDR RAM so i'm adding an xtra RAM to boost my memory. So total i wil have 512MB (256X2).

I would like to know what precatious i should take before installing my addtional RAM.?

Thanks..

Turn off the computer, unplug the PSU and if the PSU has a power switch on it, then turn off the PSU power switch. Ground yourself by touching a metal portion of the case or wearing a grounding wrist strap. Make sure you insert the DIMM in properly - it is notched and only seatts correctly one way. It will take some pressure to get it to seat properly.

zulowen

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Turn off the computer, unplug the PSU and if the PSU has a power switch on it, then turn off the PSU power switch. Ground yourself by touching a metal portion of the case or wearing a grounding wrist strap. Make sure you insert the DIMM in properly - it is notched and only seatts correctly one way. It will take some pressure to get it to seat properly.

Thanks. I would like to know, after safely installing it, will it really works? I'm scared that something unxpected may happen.

Thnks