desktop

August 16, 2004 4:12:02 PM

I have a wide screen monitor but i cant see all my
desktop i have tried help support but it has no answers
to th problem how can i resize so the whole desktop is
visible

More about : desktop

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 16, 2004 4:58:58 PM

First, check the monitor's display controls to see if you can adjust the
display to fill the screen.

Second, check the owners manual of monitor for the correct native resolution
supported by the monitor. Then, open Control Panel, open Display, go to the
settings tab and be sure the screen resolution is set to the resolution
supported by your monitor.

Third, if that resolution is not available, check your graphics card
manufacturer for the latest XP drivers for your card, download and install
them

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Kev" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a wide screen monitor but i cant see all my
> desktop i have tried help support but it has no answers
> to th problem how can i resize so the whole desktop is
> visible
August 16, 2004 5:31:47 PM

Thanks for that the second option seems to have worked
yours gratefully kev

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
August 16, 2004 6:20:36 PM