Need help upgrading to 2003 server

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HELP

I've got a failing system and have purchased replacement
hardware to move the Domain Controller to.
The old system has a broken RAID-5 SCSI array, and I'm
trying to ghost it to an IDE 40GB HDD.
At present, I can't even get it to boot up from the IDE,
as it keeps coming up with the STOP ERROR 0X7B
INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.

I've tried putting the IDE as the first HDD, before doing
the ghosting, but it makes no difference.

If I can get this to work, I'll then move the IDE HDD to
the new system, and then perform the upgrade.

I need to keep the old hard disks intact, if for some
reason the upgrade does not work on the IDE.
Any help would be great.

Cheers,
Benny
b.paldano.REMOVETHIS@curtainbros.com.pg_nospam
<note remove ".REMOVETHIS" & "_nospam">

Perhaps you could ensure that the ATAPI drivers are loaded
before you try ghosting to the IDE

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hey thanks for the idea, I'll give it a try and get back
to you
I'm using ghost 2003 as i know it natively detects raid
arrays (even failed ones)

If your booting Windows NT off this new IDE hard drive, the
error is probably caused by the old SCSI drivers trying to
load or the lack of IDE (ATAPI) drivers.
1) Check your BOOT.INI's ARC paths.
2) Rename NTBOOTDD.SYS (assuming SCSI is not present)
3) Make sure system IDE drivers (atapi.sys and
scsiport.sys) are present in the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 driectory.

Benny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok Ghosted and have begun the upgrade on the new hardware.
This time it has gone without any glitches.

About time too.

Thank you sooo much for your help IT Professional