How to setup DNS

Jimmy

Hi,

How to setup DNS in the NT server 4.0 (static IP address) with router (DHCP
server enable with ISP DNS's primary and second IP address) ??

Because Server used static IP address with DNS(external), it cannot surf the
internet.

Please help

Thanks
David

Control Panel|Network|Protocols|TCP/IP|DNS tab

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"jimmy" wrote:
| Hi,
|
| How to setup DNS in the NT server 4.0 (static IP address) with router
(DHCP
| server enable with ISP DNS's primary and second IP address) ??
|
| Because Server used static IP address with DNS(external), it cannot surf
the
| internet.
|
| Please help
|
| Thanks
| David

Jimmy

Hi, Dave

Thank for your reply

I have a further question, if I want to upgrade it to W2K3, how to setup DNS
for W2K3 ??

Thanks
David

"Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> ¦b¶l¥ó
news:O%23$dtfNQEHA.2988@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl ¤¤¼¶¼g...
> Control Panel|Network|Protocols|TCP/IP|DNS tab
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

> "jimmy" wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | How to setup DNS in the NT server 4.0 (static IP address) with router
> (DHCP
> | server enable with ISP DNS's primary and second IP address) ??
> |
> | Because Server used static IP address with DNS(external), it cannot surf
> the
> | internet.
> |
> | Please help
> |
> | Thanks
> | David

May depend on your configuration. Ask them in windows.server.dns