can I upgrade NT WS 4.0 to XP Pro

We have a workstation that we would like to get rid of NT
and change it to XP - is that a problem - would it be best
to repartition and reformat the hard drive and just
install XP? Thanks for the opinions.

I would never recommend an upgrade, but yes just put the Windows XP Pro
CD-Rom in the drive and start the upgrade from Windows NT

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"c bork" wrote:
| We have a workstation that we would like to get rid of NT
| and change it to XP - is that a problem - would it be best
| to repartition and reformat the hard drive and just
| install XP? Thanks for the opinions.

It is unlikely that a PC running Windows NT Workstation
would be able to run Windows XP.
Make sure you check the minimum requrements:
I recommend:
PIII 700 Mhz or more
265 MB RAM (or 192 MB)
15 GB Hard Disk