Virus Corrupted IE

An NT user appears to have taken a virus hit, with her home page having been
altered to some porn site.
In Internet Explorer Options, the home site edit box is now greyed out when
logged in as this user.
How do I free the lock on the home page to re-set it to something less
controversial?

TIA

Phil

This is probably spyware. There are programs like Spybot and Adware to
remove these kind of issues. Sometimes you have to go the website itself to
get the uninstaller for this particular program. Sounds like you'll have to
login as the administrator to remove.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"TheScullster" <pscull@cutthespameuropacrown.com> wrote in message
> An NT user appears to have taken a virus hit, with her home page having
been
> altered to some porn site.
> In Internet Explorer Options, the home site edit box is now greyed out
when
> logged in as this user.
> How do I free the lock on the home page to re-set it to something less
> controversial?
>
> TIA
>

> Phil

Thanks Scott

But when logged in as the administrator, setting changes made to IE affect
the administrator's profile version not the user's. Put more clearly, the
administrator's version of IE is not affected.

I have managed to get MSN as the home page instead of "SomePorn.com" by
using the re-set to default option. But this does not free the lock that is
preventing the change to a user preferred home page.

TIA

Phil

> I have managed to get MSN as the home page instead of "SomePorn.com" by
> using the re-set to default option. But this does not free the lock that
is
> preventing the change to a user preferred home page.

I recommend SpywareBlaster
(http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html). It specifically has a
tool for enabling and disabling the Home page, and thus may be able to
unlock it.

Note that I have no affiliation with the author(s) of the program, I am
recommending it as a user, not as the writer {:v)

Jason Teagle
jason@teagster.co.uk