Trying to install SP6a "high encryption"

I can't manage to install SP6a high encryption version : it seems wanting to
go on internet (servicepack.microsoft.com) to get a I-don't-know file, and
seems to receive a "bad request" answer.

The msgbox states :

"The following error occured while Service Pack Setup attenmpted to download
the Service Pack files from the internet :

bad Request

If this error persists", etc etc etc, telling me to ask a version that do
not require a connection to the Web to Microsoft. I can't find anything like
this.

What do I do ??

BTW, I don't need this encryption : if someone knows how to remove this high
encryption module, I'm interested :)

Thanks for your help

--
Matt

Matthieu Gaillet wrote:
> I can't manage to install SP6a high encryption version :
> What do I do ??
>
> BTW, I don't need this encryption : if someone knows how to remove
> this high encryption module, I'm interested :)

Standard problem with localized versions (i.e. other languages than
English) of SP6a and no high encryption SP6a available...

Try to simply rename schannel.dll in C:\WinNT\System32\ or whatever
your path is to something like "Schannel_OLD.dll" and retry to apply
the Service Pack. Usually, this does the trick.

HTH
Helmut
--
All typos © My Knotty Fingers Ltd. Capacity Dept.

Hey !! Great !

Thanks so much Helmut : it worked !!

Matt