Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Service Control Manager Startup Error

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 2:03:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
from the Service Control Manager. The event log
says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
failed to start due to the following error: A device
attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
7000

The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

Thanks!
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 3:26:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

If you don't need it then you can Control Panel|Services and set the startup
type to 'Disabled'

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
| When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
| from the Service Control Manager. The event log
| says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
| failed to start due to the following error: A device
| attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
| 7000
|
| The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
| Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
| everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
|
| Thanks!
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 3:26:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :) 

>-----Original Message-----
>If you don't need it then you can Control Panel|Services
and set the startup
>type to 'Disabled'
>
>--
>Regards,
>
>Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in
newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
>
>"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
>| When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
>| from the Service Control Manager. The event log
>| says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
>| failed to start due to the following error: A device
>| attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
>| 7000
>|
>| The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
>| Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
>| everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
>|
>| Thanks!
>
>
>.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 8:13:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

In article <17d1801c4498c$a0046c30$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
efehlhaber@weathershield.com says...
> When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
> from the Service Control Manager. The event log
> says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
> failed to start due to the following error: A device
> attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
> 7000
>
> The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
> Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
> everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

Is it the only network device? DO you have both a built-in network and
an add-in card?

--
If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Anonymous
June 3, 2004 8:21:39 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Since the service doesn't start anyway and you don't notice any ill effect
you can set it to disabled to stop the error message at startup.

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup.
Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect


"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
| Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :) 
Anonymous
June 14, 2004 11:49:00 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Yes, it is the only NIC in the machine.

Eric
>-----Original Message-----
>In article <17d1801c4498c$a0046c30$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
>efehlhaber@weathershield.com says...
>> When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an
error
>> from the Service Control Manager. The event log
>> says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver
service
>> failed to start due to the following error: A device
>> attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
>> 7000
>>
>> The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the
network,
>> Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
>> everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
>
> Is it the only network device? DO you have both a
built-in network and
>an add-in card?
>
>--
>If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it
before replying!
>All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest
extent of the
>law!!
>http://home.att.net/~andyross
>.
>
!