Service Control Manager Startup Error

When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
from the Service Control Manager. The event log
says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
failed to start due to the following error: A device
attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
7000

The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

Thanks!

If you don't need it then you can Control Panel|Services and set the startup
type to 'Disabled'

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
| When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
| from the Service Control Manager. The event log
| says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
| failed to start due to the following error: A device
| attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
| 7000
|
| The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
| Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
| everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
|
| Thanks!

Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :)

newsgroup.

In article <17d1801c4498c$a0046c30$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
efehlhaber@weathershield.com says...
> When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
> from the Service Control Manager. The event log
> says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
> failed to start due to the following error: A device
> attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
> 7000
>
> The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
> Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
> everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

Is it the only network device? DO you have both a built-in network and
an add-in card?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Since the service doesn't start anyway and you don't notice any ill effect
you can set it to disabled to stop the error message at startup.

--

"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
| Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :)

Yes, it is the only NIC in the machine.

Eric

before replying!
>All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest
extent of the