Service Control Manager Startup Error

When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
from the Service Control Manager. The event log
says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
failed to start due to the following error: A device
attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
7000

The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about service control manager startup error
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    If you don't need it then you can Control Panel|Services and set the startup
    type to 'Disabled'

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
    | When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
    | from the Service Control Manager. The event log
    | says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
    | failed to start due to the following error: A device
    | attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
    | 7000
    |
    | The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
    | Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
    | everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
    |
    | Thanks!
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :)

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
    >| When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
    >| from the Service Control Manager. The event log
    >| says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
    >| failed to start due to the following error: A device
    >| attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
    >| 7000
    >|
    >| The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
    >| Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
    >| everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??
    >|
    >| Thanks!
    >

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    In article <17d1801c4498c$a0046c30$a501280a@phx.gbl>,
    efehlhaber@weathershield.com says...
    > When I boot up my fresh install of WinNT, I get an error
    > from the Service Control Manager. The event log
    > says, "The 3Com 3C059x Bus Master Adapter Driver service
    > failed to start due to the following error: A device
    > attached to the system is not functioning." Event ID:
    > 7000
    >
    > The NIC card works fine. I can connect to the network,
    > Internet, join the domain, etc. no problems. But,
    > everytime I reboot, I get this error. Any ideas??

    Is it the only network device? DO you have both a built-in network and
    an add-in card?

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    Since the service doesn't start anyway and you don't notice any ill effect
    you can set it to disabled to stop the error message at startup.

    --

    "Eric Fehlhaber" wrote:
    | Oh I DEFINENTLY need to be able to use my NIC card! :)
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    Yes, it is the only NIC in the machine.

    Eric

    before replying!
    >All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest
    extent of the
    >law!!
    >http://home.att.net/~andyross
    >.