New monitor

Maybe I'm going mental, but I can't remember how to
install a new monitor on a windows NT4 box.

You don't. Windows NT4 isn't capable of reading monitor info from the
graphics adapter.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Keith Uhlmann" wrote:
| Maybe I'm going mental, but I can't remember how to
| install a new monitor on a windows NT4 box.

Cheers, yeah finally remembered that one.

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"Keith Uhlmann" wrote:
>| Maybe I'm going mental, but I can't remember how to
>| install a new monitor on a windows NT4 box.
>

>.

Calvin

Hi Dave,

not strictly true actually - many NT4 video card drivers add the DDC (Plug and
Play Monitor) capability to NT4.

EG: My Matrox G400 card actually gives you the best of both worlds, either use
DDC and let the monitor specify your display settings limits, or specify from a
list (which can be modified and added to - it is simply a text file of monitor
parameters and model numbers etc...)

I actually use the 'specify from a list' function because the DDC seems to be a
bit conservative in a lot of cases and doesn't let you realise the monitor's
full potential - I've noticed the same problem on later OSes. I've actually
custom tweaked my monitor parameters in the mon.mga file to optimise my display
for my Sony CPD-E230 (using the monitor specs sheet and some testing to prove my
values)

Calvin.