Accessing a wifi printer

In my house, our printer (an HP DeskJet 5740) is attached to a wifi base
station via a USB cable and accessed via a wifi connection. The printer is
used predominantly by my wife, who uses a Mac laptop and a Airport express
wifi base station.

She had no problem finding the printer or completing the connection. It
prints flawlessly. The printer has bee set up for "sharing". However, I
cannot figure out how to find or connect to it.

I use her wifi connection without a problem every day. So, there should b no
Mac/Windows interoperability issue. Any thoughts? I have tried the add
printer feature and used every path available with no luck.

Try:

1. Determine the IP address of the printer - usually you can print a
configuration page and find it there.

2. Start the Add Printer wizard. Do not select Network Printer - select
Local Printer and clear any check boxes for auto detection.

3. Select Create new port - select Standard TCP/IP port and configure it
with the IP address of the HP.

Doug Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

"John Lane" <John lane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my house, our printer (an HP DeskJet 5740) is attached to a wifi base
> station via a USB cable and accessed via a wifi connection. The printer
is
> used predominantly by my wife, who uses a Mac laptop and a Airport express
> wifi base station.
>
> She had no problem finding the printer or completing the connection. It
> prints flawlessly. The printer has bee set up for "sharing". However, I
> cannot figure out how to find or connect to it.
>
> I use her wifi connection without a problem every day. So, there should b
no
> Mac/Windows interoperability issue. Any thoughts? I have tried the add
> printer feature and used every path available with no luck.

Perfect response. TY!!