Sign in with
Your question

OCing +3700.. Is it my memory holding me back? or this is OK

Last response: in Overclocking
December 30, 2005 12:26:46 AM

Hi guys...

I'm tuning my sys and I can get to only 270 with mem on 1/2. Anyway Super Pi finishes with 270 on cpu at 1.525V. If I go more than 270 either I get a error in the windows and it reboots or the super Pi freezes. I mean the whole comp freezes..! Is Super PI supposed to give an error without frezzing?
And also should I be able to go more than 270 fsb with a sandy? Will it be my memory thats holding back? I gave the ram upto 2.9V but didnt want to go more than that since I dont think these are heavy duty rams.

Anyway, I stopped at 270 and started OCCT. It started and ran for about 5 mins max. It shows "CPU USAGE 100%", but I dont see the cpu been utilized for 100% in the task manager! Is it ok? I mean is it supposed be like that?
Anyway I went in steps of 2 until 255 but still gets the same error.
Guys.. If Super Pi succeeds in 270, how much below would OCCT will go? Can it go more than 10Mhz down? I am just wondering bcos I dont know if OCCT is properly working on mine. That to check.
And also, if OCCT gives a CPU stabilty error, but Prime95 goes for 8 hours, would the system be ok? or it will not happen?
Anyways guys, I saw many gone more than 290 with a sandy, do you think its my mem? I have it at 1/2 divider. i would be happy with 270 but just curios..
Also guys.. one more thing.. I flshed my bios of 704-2BTA yesterday and it froze my comp. When I booted, comp started and stuck and gave constant beeps, with 3 LEDs on. Anyway I cleared CMOS and then it was ok, BUT STILL, sometimes when I boot, the comp stucks with 3 LEDs on and constant beeps. Can this be serious guys.. When i restart it gone..

Sorry for the long description guys.. Hope you could give me some suggestions with the ocing..

Thanks a million guys..!

Thanks a lot guys...!
Samsung PC3200 2x512M
Gygabyte Nvidia GeForce 6600LE
Maxtor DiamondMAX10 160G/8M/7200rpm - SATAII
Antec 480W TruePower2
December 30, 2005 12:54:08 AM

Is Super PI supposed to give an error without frezzing?

Well, if your computer is stable enough it will give you an error but since your computer are so unstable it will hang.

If Super Pi succeeds in 270, how much below would OCCT will go?

There's no answer for that you will have to try for yourself.

Anyways guys, I saw many gone more than 290 with a sandy, do you think its my mem? I have it at 1/2 divider.
It's not your mem since it's running at 135MHz which is pretty slow. You could run the divider at 2/3 and you would still be able to OC upp to 300 (if your CPU can handle it).

What multiplier du you use? 270*11 is a high clock for a San Diego 3700+ on air. People that reach 290 FSB most likely uses a lower multiplier.
!