Win NT 4.0 Server problem - services.exe error , RPC serve..

I have a strange reccuring error in last few weeks on my NT servers. I got
Dr. Watson log "services.exe harcoded bnnreakpoint error" or "services.exe
acces violation" on 6 servers in the same time! As a result, it seems that
RPC server becomes unavailable, so the whole server is in mess... I guess
the problem is some virus or some worm or something (it is obvious since
they all fall down in same time), but McAfee Scan found out nothing? Does
anyone have a clue, is there some patch for this(I've searched MS site for
patches but I haven't found anything usefull)? I'm running NT 4.0 Server Sp
6a, with SQL Server 7.0 Sp3!
Tnx in advance!

Calvin

Hi Marco,

Have you also applied all the hotfixes (especially the security ones) post SP6a
?? The Post SP6a Security Rollup and the hotfixes described in Knowledgebase
articles 828741 and 835732 are critical if you want to avoid the worst of the
problems created by recent worms/viruses, especially the 'Blaster' worm and it's
many variants which specifically target security holes in the NT RPC service.

Have a look at:

http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/patch.htm

for a full rundown on NT service Packs, Hotfixes and Security etc...

Calvin.

"Calvin" <nospam@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Hi Marco,
>
> Have you also applied all the hotfixes (especially the security ones) post
SP6a
> ?? The Post SP6a Security Rollup and the hotfixes described in
Knowledgebase
> articles 828741 and 835732 are critical if you want to avoid the worst of
the
> problems created by recent worms/viruses, especially the 'Blaster' worm
and it's
> many variants which specifically target security holes in the NT RPC
service.

> Have a look at:
>
> http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/patch.htm
>
> for a full rundown on NT service Packs, Hotfixes and Security etc...
>
> Calvin.

Hi Calvin!

Yes, I have installed 828741 and 835732, but I haven't installed Security
Rollup. Maybe I should try to install it and see if it will help. Tnx for
your answer