cannot change passwords from anywhere but user manager

I recently had to rebuild a BDC for our network. I'm not sure if the timing
is the same but I am now getting an error stating "you do not have the
permission to change your password" whenever anyone attempts to change there
password. I have tried policy editor to no avail. I have searched TechNet,
google,eventide.net and I still cannot figure this out. Please help me.

Ian Fitzgerald
mailto:NTnewsgroups@ifitz.net
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot change passwords user manager
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    How did you build this BDC? Did you make it a BDC during install and have it
    join your existing domain? Are there any sync errors on this BDC? If you
    turn off this BDC does the problem persist?

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "ifitz" <ianphx@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I recently had to rebuild a BDC for our network. I'm not sure if the
    timing
    > is the same but I am now getting an error stating "you do not have the
    > permission to change your password" whenever anyone attempts to change
    there
    > password. I have tried policy editor to no avail. I have searched
    TechNet,
    > google,eventide.net and I still cannot figure this out. Please help me.
    >
    > Ian Fitzgerald
    > mailto:NTnewsgroups@ifitz.net

Microsoft Windows