cannot change passwords from anywhere but user manager

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 16, 2004 11:19:18 PM

I recently had to rebuild a BDC for our network. I'm not sure if the timing
is the same but I am now getting an error stating "you do not have the
permission to change your password" whenever anyone attempts to change there
password. I have tried policy editor to no avail. I have searched TechNet,
google,eventide.net and I still cannot figure this out. Please help me.

Ian Fitzgerald
mailto:NTnewsgroups@ifitz.net
Anonymous
June 17, 2004 12:27:11 PM

How did you build this BDC? Did you make it a BDC during install and have it
join your existing domain? Are there any sync errors on this BDC? If you
turn off this BDC does the problem persist?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

!