AMD Athlon 64 3700 (San Diego) or INTEL 820 Dual core 2.8G?

I am planing to build a PC for GAMING and INTERNET
and i don't have that much budget ! around $850 with 19 LCD
What CPU do you guys think i should get ? AMD 64 3700 or 820 Dual Core or nither?Do dual core and single really had big different ?

They mention that the dual core is

"Provides two execution cores in one physical processor allowing the platform to do more in less time while enjoying smooth interaction with your PC.
"

But i usually download STUFF in 1 PC and play games or view web site in another PC, do u guys think i still need a dual core for ?

THX
3 answers Last reply
More about athlon 3700 diego intel dual core
  1. Quote:
    I am planing to build a PC for GAMING and INTERNET
    and i don't have that much budget ! around $850 with 19 LCD
    What CPU do you guys think i should get ? AMD 64 3700 or 820 Dual Core or nither?Do dual core and single really had big different ?

They mention that the dual core is

"Provides two execution cores in one physical processor allowing the platform to do more in less time while enjoying smooth interaction with your PC.
    "

But i usually download STUFF in 1 PC and play games or view web site in another PC, do u guys think i still need a dual core for ?

THX

Gaming is what requires most from your computer. And today gaming performance is all about having a good graphics card.
    What graphics card do you have in mind for your computer?
    It's better for gaming perfomance if you pick an 3200+ and a better graphics card. There is no notable difference between a 3200+ and a 3700+ except when doing things like creating music or movies.

I don't think you need a dual core. For your tasks a singel core will do.
  2. WELL.... NO IDEA ...... i don't hv that much budget, SO.if possible i will get A better one ! do u got any suggesstion ?

THX
  3. Quote:
    WELL.... NO IDEA ...... i don't hv that much budget, of coz! if possible i will get A better one ! do u got any suggesstion ?

THX

$850 is a small budget since you want a 19" LCD.

I would definetily skip the 3700+ and buy some cheaper CPU.
    Suggestions:

CPU: Opteron 144 or Athlon64 3200+ ($167.00 at newegg.com)

RAM: 1GB Corsair Value or similar

HD: 200-250GB Harddrive.

Graphics: At least a 6600GT. Try and go for a X800GTO or 6800GS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt AMD Dual Core Systems