Is HP ink compatible with Canon Printers?

I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi).
Can I use this in a Canon i560?
2 answers Last reply
More about compatible canon printers

    "JuanKnighter" <juanknighter@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10ntap423emd3e3@corp.supernews.com>...
    > I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi).
    > Can I use this in a Canon i560?

    You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying
    that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will
    probably not be exactly the same. A different shade of ink will
    contaminate the felt pad (whatever material it is made of) on the
    printhead where the ink cartride mates with the printhead. Once that
    is contaminated with the wrong shade, you will have to run a ton of
    ink through the printhead to get rid of the contamination. Sell the
    left over HP ink on ebay or dump it and buy ink specifically for the
    i560.

    Mo wrote:

    >> I have some left over bulk ink from a HP ink jet printer (DeskJet 820Cxi).
    >> Can I use this in a Canon i560?
    >
    >You could end up paying a lot more for ink in the long run by trying
    >that. Aside from the thermal qualities, the shade of ink will
    >probably not be exactly the same.

    Worse than that, the HP ink is designed for 5 picoliter droplets. The
    Canon uses 5 and 2 picoliter droplets, so the HP ink may clog the 2PL
    jets.

    Try finding a friend or coworker with an HP printer and give it or sell
    it for a low price to them.

Printers Hewlett Packard Canon Compatibility Peripherals