NT4 Setup hangs in the Hardware Detection Screen

Hi,

I have to repair my Fileserver because after a power-failure when i boot the
System brings an error-message about missing file in
c:\winnt\system32\system (but not the name....helpful :)
Now when I boot the system from CD the black setup hardware-detection screen
comes and then the system hangs.
it's a 4-Processor Pentium Pro System with 10 Disks attached to a GDT Raid
Controller with 2 GB RAM.
Is there a trick to make this thing work (like the not shown F6 for
additional drivers in the screen after my hang-point? )
sorry 'bout my bad english, but can't even think straight cause awake for 34
hours fixing my pdc and some other servers.....

Could the file be:
C:\WINNT\System32\config\system?
This is the System Registry Hive.
First, check the RAM with memtest86.com and make sure the
power problem didn't affect any RAM modules (which might
result in this error)
If possible, run CHKDSK on this drive before the next
step. (Be wary of inadvertently upgrading the NTFS volume
to v1.3!)
If you have a backup copy of SYSTEM then restore from the
last backup and you should be able to get the system up
again. You might be able to find a copy of it on a recent
RDisk.