Looking for a new mobo, but no idea where to start

MTLink

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Hi guys. Some of you may have seen me around in the graphic card section trying to pick out a new AGP card. However, after being advised from my brother (and looking at my not-so-spectacular system specs), I've decided to just rebuild almost my whole computer. I'll only be keeping my PSU, DVD drives, HD, and case. Everything else will be completely new.

I need a mobo, but I have no idea which one to get. I've heard the Asus A8N-series and the DFI Lanparty-series are good, but there are many variations and I don't know which one is for me. I need something that is PCI-E and supports AMD Athlon XP/64 (I don't know which processor I'll be getting, but most likely it will be a 64). It doesn't have to be SLi, but it would help in case I want to do SLi in the future. I would like it to be around $100, as I also need some money to spend on RAM, my graphics card, a processor, and maybe some cooling.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd recommend the Jetway 939GT4-SLi. It's a good, inexpensive board. I have a version of it here.

eVGA has two versions of the same board, the 133-K8-NF41 is identical to the 939GT4-SLi, while the 133-K8-NF43 has SLi disabled. I got the NF43 and modified it to support SLi, it's still a great board.

But like I said, get the right one to start with, the 939GT4-SLi, or the eVGA version if you want to pay more, the 133-K8-NF41.

TRENDING THREADS