Can not find Internet Explorer!

Hi. I formatted my hard disk and reinstalled windows XP (from the operating
system CD which came with the computer from Dell). Both IE and Outlook
express are not three, I tried to search for them. When I try to install a
new copy of IE, it claims that a newer version of IE is already installed
and setup ends. Could please some help and tell me what is going on.
Thanks...

What happens if you Start|Run|"iexplore.exe"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

<mhindawi@math.upenn.edu> wrote:
| Hi. I formatted my hard disk and reinstalled windows XP (from the
operating
| system CD which came with the computer from Dell). Both IE and Outlook
| express are not three, I tried to search for them. When I try to install a
| new copy of IE, it claims that a newer version of IE is already installed
| and setup ends. Could please some help and tell me what is going on.
| Thanks...

> What happens if you Start|Run|"iexplore.exe"

I get an error message say "windows can not find iexplore.exe".

Well there isn't a newer version. You might want to ask in an IE group.