X800 Pro, OC'd stock cooling

Odine

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I'm a little surprised to say the least.

I have a Sapphire X800 Pro
CS: 475
MS: 450

I'm getting a new machine soon, so I got bored and decided to OC with atitool to this:

CS: 520
MS: 540

I ran the artifact tester for 4 hours, and it hasn't given any artifacts...
I realize this is a pretty high raise on stock cooling, and i've gotten an enormous boost in FPS's on my games. I guess my question is, can I trust the artifact testing of this tool? Am I good to go? lol, I can hold on off on an upgrade giving the benefits of this overclock if that's the case.

Oh, and another note, I did read you can flash the bios of the card to an XT, but I believe my timings are already higher than an XT minus the extra 4 pipes. Is it worth even taking the risk of flashing it? I know a lot of people have asked the question on how to, but I already know how, more curious if its worth it.

I must say though, i'm rather impressed with this video card. My MB and processor temps are (and always have been) extremely high and I hate my Prescott chip. My PC's warms up my room as is (don't even need heat in the winter, I swear lol). But the vid card seems stable so far. Thoughts, comments?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: oops, one more thing. Forgot to tell ya the temps. Under peak load right now at the current clock speeds my temps are: 78/50. I realize its getting pretty toasty, but I believe its under the safety temps still. Too high? Should I take this beast higher? lol

EDIT #2: Under 3dmark05, the GPU never exceeds 50c. So whatever ATItool does to stress it, its a LOT more than 3dmark =P.

Odine

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Bought another fan for the inside of my case.

Current:

Core: 570
Mem: 600 (1200)

Max load still ~78 from ATITool, reads less from my other program by a few degree's. MB is increasing in heat tho lol.

Idle is still 40.

I wonder what I can take this to on stock =P.