Adding Gigabit Ethernet Card

I have a WinNT 4.0, SP6a server with two 10/100 NICs. I want to add a third
Gigabit NIC for faster network backups. Could this NIC interfere with the
other NICs connectivity? I wouldn't think so, but I want to make sure.

Thanks,

John
2 answers Last reply
More about adding gigabit ethernet card
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    Windows NT has no problem supporting multiple NICs or
    networks simultaneously.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    Thanks for the info. Also, will adding another NIC cause a routing problem?
    I don't want to inadvertently lose connectivity somewhere.

    Thanks again,

    John

    "xe77" <xe77@yahoooo.com> wrote in message
    > Windows NT has no problem supporting multiple NICs or
    > networks simultaneously.

NICs Ethernet Card NIC Windows