URGENT manually enable scsi device?

Fran

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2003

NT4.0 Enterprise Server (BDC), SP5
RAID5 - 5 Disks

I mistakenly set my scsi device driver (dac960nt)
to "Disabled". It was set to "Boot". Now I bluescreen
when trying to boot into WinNT. Any idea how to set this
back to "boot"?

I tried performing a Repair from the setup disks, but it
is unable to see the SCSI array of disks.
Thanks in advance.
- FR

For a floppy to successfully boot Windows NT the disk must contain the "NT"
boot sector. Format a diskette (on an NT machine, not a DOS/Win9x, so the NT
boot sector gets written to the floppy), and copy ntldr, ntdetect.com, and
boot.ini to it; Edit the boot.ini to give it a correct ARC path for the
machine you wish to boot.

In your case you'll want to change the arc path in boot.ini from multi
syntax to scsi syntax to indicate that Windows NT will load a boot device
driver and use that driver to access the boot partition. Then also copy the
drive controller driver to the floppy but renamed to ntbootdd.sys

Something like this below;

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt
[operating systems]
scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="Windows 0,1"
scsi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\winnt="Windows 0,2"
scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="Windows 1,1"
scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(2)\winnt="Windows 1,2"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]