Problem with Windows XP Folders options

Made a BIG mistake recently - trialed a program called Evidence Eliminator
which was supposed to get rid of lots of hidden files saved by Windows. It
did free up lot of extra hard drive space but it also altered many of things
I used in Windows Explorer... damnit!
I've fixed most but the following 3 I can't work out how to fix:

1. ACDSee was my preferred image viewer but now when I click an image file,
it opens in "Windows Image & Fax Viewer".
How do I make ACDSee my preferred viewer again?

2. I used to double click a folder and it would expand to show sub-folders.
Now when I single click it expands but when I click or double click again,
it won't collapse the sub-folders - I have to press F2 or right click then
click "Collapse". Can't find anything in Folder Options or even the Help
files that mentions "Collapse" or "Expand"
How do I get the old ways back again?

3. I used to click a file/folder name twice, slowly, and it would make the
file ready to rename. Now nothing happens - the name is highlighted and
that's all. To rename I have to press F2 or right click and then click
"Rename". Can't find anything about this in Help.
How to I get the old ways back?

Do hope someone can help.

Many thanks,
Meezulz

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:22:51 GMT, "Meezulz" <mee_zulz@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Made a BIG mistake recently - trialed a program called Evidence Eliminator
>which was supposed to get rid of lots of hidden files saved by Windows. It
>did free up lot of extra hard drive space but it also altered many of things
>I used in Windows Explorer... damnit!
>I've fixed most but the following 3 I can't work out how to fix:

Reinstall windows, EE is trojaned by many so-called vendors.

Uninstall EE & do a System Restore to a date before you installed it

John Allen

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:22:51 GMT, Meezulz wrote:

> 1. ACDSee was my preferred image viewer but now when I click an image file,
> it opens in "Windows Image & Fax Viewer".
> How do I make ACDSee my preferred viewer again?
>
> 2. I used to double click a folder and it would expand to show sub-folders.
> Now when I single click it expands but when I click or double click again,
> it won't collapse the sub-folders - I have to press F2 or right click then
> click "Collapse". Can't find anything in Folder Options or even the Help
> files that mentions "Collapse" or "Expand"
> How do I get the old ways back again?
>
> 3. I used to click a file/folder name twice, slowly, and it would make the
> file ready to rename. Now nothing happens - the name is highlighted and
> that's all. To rename I have to press F2 or right click and then click
> "Rename". Can't find anything about this in Help.
> How to I get the old ways back?

1) It may be the long way around but reinstalling ACDSee will re-establish
your preferences.

2) Check Folder Options> General for clicking style. Select Double Click.
In Folder Options> View remove the check mark from "Use Simple Folder
View."

3) Hopefully this will straighten out with your other adjustments. If it
doesn't, try using Control Panel> Mouse to adjust the rate of your double
click and any other mouse speed settings that you feel need adjusting for
your clicking style.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User