Monitor power save mode

Morning, I would like to know if there is a way to
switch off the monitor power save mode, ( which turns
screen off until mouse is moved or key pressed) as per
previous windows, as I would like to run a screen saver
and not have to wait for monitor to come back up every
time I have a break from use. I was informed by somebody
that this feature was never added to Windows NT. Any help
would be much appreciated.

Thankyou, Iain.

Look for a setting on your monitor for this. Windows NT can not see and or
configure a monitor.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Iain Foskett" wrote:
| Morning, I would like to know if there is a way to
| switch off the monitor power save mode, ( which turns
| screen off until mouse is moved or key pressed) as per
| previous windows, as I would like to run a screen saver
| and not have to wait for monitor to come back up every
| time I have a break from use. I was informed by somebody
| that this feature was never added to Windows NT. Any help
| would be much appreciated.
|
| Thankyou, Iain.

Calvin

Hi Iain,

DPMS power saving for compliant monitors and video card hardware is available
for FREE for NT4.0 here: http://www.dev-labs.com/dpms/

This package is used extensively by myself and many others who want this
feature. With the exception of some 'very non-standard' video hardware from
Diamond multimedia, I have never seen it give any problems on any machine on
which it has been installed :)

Hope this helps,

Calvin.