Won't start after SP6a installed

Andrew

My System crash after I installed service pack 6a (128
bit) to my NT 4.0 OS. Each time booting only goes to the
Log-on screen. then computer starts dumping memory. Any
suggestion to the fix will be greatly appreciated

You need to post the code from the STOP error and the
driver name.

Andrew

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. following are first couple lines of
the error codes I observed
***Stop ox000000001E (oxC0000005, oxF58A65B0, ox00000000,
ox00000008)KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED *** Address
f58a65B0 has base at f58a0000 - Serial.sys
Following these title message are many lines of address
and file names. The first file name is ntoskrnl.exe and
the last file name is serial.sys
The bottom message is:
the system starts dumping physical memory. dumping memory
finished. contact your administrator or technical group

I am thinking about remove SP6a and restore to SP5 which
works fine so far. I serach the MS website and and not
find the instruction about uninstalling SP6a
I would appresiate your suggestion and insight

Thanks

It seems that a third-party service isn't compatible with
Service Pack 6.
Does the STOP occur before the Logon diaglogue appears or
just the logon screen background appears?
Did you opt to create an uninstall folder? A Windows 2000
Setup disc (Recovery Console) may be able to help you run
the uninstaller to roll back the service pack, or if you
havE FAT on the system, you can use MS-DOS.