September 3, 2004 11:00:50 AM

Hello,

I have the Audiovox PPC4100 from AT&T.

I sync with a small business server 2003 via active sync over the
pocket pc's internet connection. All works fine.

But, when I select "reply all" to an e-mail with multiple recipients,
the e-mail program on the pocket pc puts my e-mail in the "to:" column
as well, effectively sending me my own reply.

Why does this happen? Is it because I'm only using active sync and
have no pop3 or imap account setup in the program itself? Does this
setup not tell the program who is originating messages, hense not
deleting the specified address from the "to:" column when replying to
all?

any advice would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike

More about : reply sends mail

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:28:36 AM

In article <79f36727.0409030600.2b1e980b@posting.google.com>,
mrceolla@terracom.net says...
> But, when I select "reply all" to an e-mail with multiple recipients,
> the e-mail program on the pocket pc puts my e-mail in the "to:" column
> as well, effectively sending me my own reply.

It is the same with my pda. It is the same with Outlook on a PC. I don't
know if you can stop it but I doubt it.

Michael Leithold
Anonymous
September 4, 2004 3:48:17 AM

Michael Leithold wrote:

> In article <79f36727.0409030600.2b1e980b@posting.google.com>,
> mrceolla@terracom.net says...
>
>>But, when I select "reply all" to an e-mail with multiple recipients,
>>the e-mail program on the pocket pc puts my e-mail in the "to:" column
>>as well, effectively sending me my own reply.
>

> It is the same with my pda. It is the same with Outlook on a PC. I don't
> know if you can stop it but I doubt it.
>
> Michael Leithold
On my PC at work (the only place I use Outlook) a Reply All will send a
copy to me if the original email came from outside my company or was
sent to my Internet address. If it was sent from within my company using
my Outlook email address I don't get a copy.

I conclude that Outlook sends the reply all to all addresses in the
From, To, and CC headers unless the address is my Outlook address.

Norm

To reply, change domain to an adult feline.
!