Flooded with shortcut errors at bootup

Recently when I started booting my computer hundreds (not exaggerating
I counted 212 at one point)) of invalid shortcut errors started
popping up. I found them all (I think) in the Startup folder and
deleted them. But the next time I booted they started up again and
had been returned to the Startup folder.

Where are they coming from and how do I get rid of them?

Please help??

Ralph

Hi,

Have you run a full system scan with updated antivirus software yet?
Have you tried running spyware detection programs like Adaware6 from
www.lavasoft.de?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/