explorer.exe - application error

What is this and how do I get rid of it? It happens all the time. It doesn't
seem to be affecting my system in anyway, but it is a general nuisance.
All help would be greatly appreciated.

explorer.exe - application error

The instruction at "0x77f57ec4" referenced memory at "0x000000667". The
memory could not be written.
Click on Okay to terminate the program.
click on Cancel to debug the program.

When does it happen exactly? While running a software, or while
right-clicking something?

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User