Tired of political debates, take it a notch higher..

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
‘Too holy’ for sex? The problem of a married Jesus
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/24/14066248-too-holy-for-sex-the-problem-of-a-married-jesus?lite

a previously unknown ancient papyrus fragment from Egypt that has four words written in Coptic that provide the first unequivocal evidence that within 150 years of his death, some followers of Jesus, believed him to have been married.

Karen L. King, the Harvard Divinity School professor who unveiled the papyrus, cautioned that the discovery does not serve as evidence that the historical Jesus was married.

"This new gospel doesn't prove that Jesus was married, but it tells us that the whole question only came up as part of vociferous debates about sexuality and marriage,” King said in a press release. “From the very beginning, Christians disagreed about whether it was better not to marry, but it was over a century after Jesus' death before they began appealing to Jesus' marital status to support their positions."

The Christians who eventually became dominant, DeConick said, believed celibacy was the route to heaven.

“Catholicism was deeply shaped by monasticism in its formative period,” Witherington said, adding that he thinks this belief brought about “a very deficient view of the goodness of human sexuality as a gift from god.”

“There’s just nothing biblical about that,” he argued. But Catholics couldn’t imagine Jesus as married, because that would have “tainted” his holy image, he said.

DeConick, who explored sex and gender in early Christianity in her book, “Holy Misogyny,” said that in the ancient world, the female body was considered weak, pitiful and wretched.

Jesus preached the Holy Trinity on earth and referred to the marriage of him, the church, and the apostles as the earth bound trinity, this could have been the wife mentioned.

A fragment of papyrus proves nothing without the greater work and within the proper context.

I wish the collector would release the rest of the fragments so they could be studied.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

hilarious.... ROFL..

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012

don't they have to be found first, I though the original owner/seller cut the master into pieces for profit gain and they are still out there or destroyed.?
I might be mistaken on that.

Chalky as in teacher ... a common endearment used by teachers here.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chalk+and+talk

From the oblique reference to classical teaching pedagogy ... as opposed to student centred / individual learning methods.

A "chalky" is someone old enough to be familiar with the old unit curriculum approach as opposed to student outcome based approaches now in place.

My apology if you took it any other way.

:)

Actually I just spent a couple of days working on a tender to send teachers to 5 African nations ... but it all fell through on our risk assessment guidelines.

http://adsafrica.com.au/documents/shortTender.pdf

We pulled out as Sudan / Sth Sudan and a couple of the other listed countries were listed as 'do not travel" so there was no chance I could send teachers there with travel permission / insurance.

Sad because the staff were keen and I could have costed it easily.

I imagine a lot of other companies would have jumped into this one.

I picked up some business with UAE instead ... auspicing a suite of trg packages over there.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
play butt scan huh? LoL

I would love the opportunity to tour Africa but my concern is the climate and bugs....
I envision an African safari with a hat that has a bug screen out in the middle of nowhere sweating worse than a desert dog.

travel to the 'motherland', I have to put that on the 'bucket list'.
I bet the classrooms in the cities are like the normal US classrooms with all the technology
but the remote classes in the far out less populated and financial areas must be tough..

+1 :wahoo:

Also, "Can I get you another glass of wine?"

Yeah toms pays me megabucks to advertise their games on that BoM site <NOT>.

I notice one of my fellow moderators has top score there too ... which kinda makes me susppicious since the best I can do is ranked 173rd.

I also notice the hits that game is getting ... LOL.

Jeez .. .your just South of Hillsboro !!!

I thought you were the person listed for your website !!!

I'll have to change my sig over to something more respectable ... perhaps FOX NEWS ??

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
I actually played the game for a minute, I couldn't help myself.
just south of Hillsboro NY (Camden area) in a geographical sense but Buffalo is East of there.
(if talking to me)

I'm just a fan of Mukalele Rogers since I met him in Toronto a few years back at a technical conference. Donated computers to his cause.
wonderful man and heightened my desire to travel and teach.
my apologies for any deceit.

I work as a 'Solutions Analyst' for an IT company is all I can say about the employment question...
(if talking to me)

how about yourself?

I'm an existentialist ... freedom of will and responsibility for one's actions are my two key drivers.

I haven't found a god worthy enough of my adoration yet.

In the meantime its just me.

:)

I have danced naked around a fire ... but it was a long time ago ... I did write papers on Marx and Engels at Uni for grades ... not any student union thing ... I only went to a rally with some chick who had great headlights so my motives were impure at best. I beat up a couple of marxists when I ran out of money for booze at the rally.

You may have me confused with area51 on the last point as he is our resident alien.

Clearly I am not a philanthropist ... I burned ants and spiders with a magnifying glass as a child.

Your parents would not have allowed you to play with me as a kid.

Thats why I made such an excellent psychotherapist later in life.

No ... you can't aford me.

We get paid for disrupting normal cognitive processes and encouraging people to mess around with their computers and ignore what is going on outside.

Our spaceships are secretly stealing water from your oceans ...

We are melting your artic ice pack to compensate for the drop in water level ...

I knew global warming was a load of horse crap!