Scenery for UK - FS2002 - Freeware

Hi all

I'm on the hunt for freeware British scenery for FS2002. To date, all
I've come across is

The British Isles 76.4m Terrain:
<URL:http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=1>

but I'm unsure whether this is suitable for FS2002. I get the
impression from this NG that FS8 and FS9 are treated the same as far
as scenery add-ons are concerned.

I am unsure exactly what is meant by the terms landclass and mesh (I
do know what is meant by a mesh is in 3D graphic-speak).

Any other help regarding scenery would be appreciated.

Cheers
James

GREGORY

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:05:24 GMT, James Hodson
<jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> brought the following to our
attention:

>Hi all
>
>I'm on the hunt for freeware British scenery for FS2002. To date, all
>I've come across is
>
>The British Isles 76.4m Terrain:
><URL:http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=1>
>
>but I'm unsure whether this is suitable for FS2002. I get the
>impression from this NG that FS8 and FS9 are treated the same as far
>as scenery add-ons are concerned.
>
>I am unsure exactly what is meant by the terms landclass and mesh
>(I do know what is meant by a mesh is in 3D graphic-speak).
>
>Any other help regarding scenery would be appreciated.
>
>Cheers
>James

James.. have that one already in FS2002. :)

Volume in drive F is Edmain Tank 80 GB -- Directory of :
F:\FS2002\SCENE - Mesh\FSGenesis - British Isles 76m\Scenery

12/04/2003 03:56p 25,966,742 en1.bgl
12/04/2003 04:15p 18,455,206 en2.bgl
12/04/2003 04:22p 2,269,356 en3.bgl

Those are MESH files which work the same (same spec I believe) for
FS2000, FS2002, FS2004. Land Class are files which tell the Sim which
Terrain Texture (bitmaps) to apply in what spot (location). The BGL
spec (SCENERY) has generally changed in FS2004 however.

Land Class (LC) makes a BIG difference in the appearance of your
Scene. First it's a good idea to install hi-res Mesh.. then acquire
some LC files. They aren't easy to find. www.fsfreeware.com has many
buy they have for instance 9.95 reg fees.

Search through:

http://www.avsim.com/

http://www.flightsim.com/

http://www.fsfreeware.com/ they have a terra-server or something...

-Gregory

James,
Do not despair. There are a zillion files out there for UK scenery. You will
just have to search all the hundreds of Flight Sim sites until you get used
to finding stuff. The VFR UK is very comprehensive, and there are many
addons such as lighthouses, pylons, bridges, power stations and, of course
all of Gary Summons' UK airfields which are among the best in the world.
Start collecting all the main and minor sites in your Favourites list.

Cheers,

Quilly

GREGORY

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:22:53 -0000, "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
attention:

>James,
>Do not despair. There are a zillion files out there for UK scenery. You will
>just have to search all the hundreds of Flight Sim sites until you get used
>to finding stuff. The VFR UK is very comprehensive, and there are many
>addons such as lighthouses, pylons, bridges, power stations and, of course
>all of Gary Summons' UK airfields which are among the best in the world.
>Start collecting all the main and minor sites in your Favourites list.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Quilly

Was thinking or posting some classic caps' and sim images now-
and-then. Here's one such animation of a Heathrow departure:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/LHR_depart.gif (414k)

No.. London isn't on fire.. that's EZ-Landmark!! :)

EZ-L labels scenery objects and displays distance/bearing..
however it soaks-up framerate!!

-Gregory