Scenery for UK - FS2002 - Freeware

Hi all

I'm on the hunt for freeware British scenery for FS2002. To date, all
I've come across is

The British Isles 76.4m Terrain:
<URL:http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=1>

but I'm unsure whether this is suitable for FS2002. I get the
impression from this NG that FS8 and FS9 are treated the same as far
as scenery add-ons are concerned.

I am unsure exactly what is meant by the terms landclass and mesh (I
do know what is meant by a mesh is in 3D graphic-speak).

Any other help regarding scenery would be appreciated.

Cheers
James
3 answers Last reply
More about scenery fs2002 freeware

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:05:24 GMT, James Hodson
    <jUNDERSCOREhodson@ntlworld.com.invalid> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I'm on the hunt for freeware British scenery for FS2002. To date, all
    >I've come across is
    >
    >The British Isles 76.4m Terrain:
    ><URL:http://portal.fsgenesis.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=1>
    >
    >but I'm unsure whether this is suitable for FS2002. I get the
    >impression from this NG that FS8 and FS9 are treated the same as far
    >as scenery add-ons are concerned.
    >
    >I am unsure exactly what is meant by the terms landclass and mesh
    >(I do know what is meant by a mesh is in 3D graphic-speak).
    >
    >Any other help regarding scenery would be appreciated.
    >
    >Cheers
    >James

    James.. have that one already in FS2002. :)

    Volume in drive F is Edmain Tank 80 GB -- Directory of :
    F:\FS2002\SCENE - Mesh\FSGenesis - British Isles 76m\Scenery

    12/04/2003 03:56p 25,966,742 en1.bgl
    12/04/2003 04:15p 18,455,206 en2.bgl
    12/04/2003 04:22p 2,269,356 en3.bgl

    Those are MESH files which work the same (same spec I believe) for
    FS2000, FS2002, FS2004. Land Class are files which tell the Sim which
    Terrain Texture (bitmaps) to apply in what spot (location). The BGL
    spec (SCENERY) has generally changed in FS2004 however.

    Land Class (LC) makes a BIG difference in the appearance of your
    Scene. First it's a good idea to install hi-res Mesh.. then acquire
    some LC files. They aren't easy to find. www.fsfreeware.com has many
    buy they have for instance 9.95 reg fees.

    Search through:

    http://www.avsim.com/

    http://www.flightsim.com/

    http://www.fsfreeware.com/ they have a terra-server or something...

    -Gregory

    James,
    Do not despair. There are a zillion files out there for UK scenery. You will
    just have to search all the hundreds of Flight Sim sites until you get used
    to finding stuff. The VFR UK is very comprehensive, and there are many
    addons such as lighthouses, pylons, bridges, power stations and, of course
    all of Gary Summons' UK airfields which are among the best in the world.
    Start collecting all the main and minor sites in your Favourites list.

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:22:53 -0000, "Quilljar"
    <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >James,
    >Do not despair. There are a zillion files out there for UK scenery. You will
    >just have to search all the hundreds of Flight Sim sites until you get used
    >to finding stuff. The VFR UK is very comprehensive, and there are many
    >addons such as lighthouses, pylons, bridges, power stations and, of course
    >all of Gary Summons' UK airfields which are among the best in the world.
    >Start collecting all the main and minor sites in your Favourites list.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Quilly

    Was thinking or posting some classic caps' and sim images now-
    and-then. Here's one such animation of a Heathrow departure:

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/flightsim/LHR_depart.gif (414k)

    No.. London isn't on fire.. that's EZ-Landmark!! :)

    EZ-L labels scenery objects and displays distance/bearing..
    however it soaks-up framerate!!

    -Gregory

Freeware Mesh Microsoft Video Games