Why is windows so ****?

Naf456

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
Seriously now.
i have a 2.7 GHz dual core amd athlon, 2GB of ram, not the fastest these days but it works.
it seems like every application i run(or try to run) has Massive conflicts with windows?
3DSMax Runs slower then ever, XSI just refuses to respond,
my date and time setting ALWAYS change by themself spontaniously,
EVERY OTHER boot, i get the blue screen of death,
and my USB's sometimes don't work?

I'm sorry about my anger in this post, it's not aimed towards you personal, just to Microsoft, for making the most ****ist software, EVER.

Sounds like your computer is probably full of malware. What you describe is not the experience that most people have. Either that or you have some hardware problem (faulty RAM?).

Give it a thorough scan, and test the memory.

wribbs

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
There are many distros of Linux that would love to have you try them.
If not that, then a fresh install of Windows.
Could also be failing hardware.
If you were running WindowsME then it would be working as intended but since then MS has released some pretty solid software.

Windows is not to blame.

a) Did you buy a legal copy, and
b) Do you have proper AV protection?

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I agree with Herr_Koos, it's not Windows...

Does your processor natively run at 2.7GHz, or is it overclocked?

Blue screens can often be caused by improper RAM timings/voltages. They can also be caused by a undersized/failing power supply.

I would download Ultimate Boot CD and burn it to a disk. Then run Memtest off of it as well as one of the tools to check hard drive integrity.

christop

Distinguished
I agree it's not windows fault you either have a virus or malware or hardware problems. You say your date&time changes all the time have you replace the battery on your motherboard ever?