NT 4.0 Server endless loop??@#%$^

David

Hello evryone.

Here it is. I install NT 4.0 on a Intel SKA4 motherboard
(Mistake 1) with 4 pentium III pro. I have a Intel SRU32
Raid controller (mistake 2)as well. I installed RAID 5
with the drives and that works out. When I install NT 4.0
the system gets to where it trys to convert the FAT
partition to NTFS. It says it is converting and will
reboot. It does this endlessly. I have all the latest
drivers/BIOS/Firmware on my hardware. I made sure to load
the drivers before the OS trys to load. I am about to use
the server as a paper weight. Please leafve any kind of
feedback to try to help. Thank you in advance.

Try an older version of your SCSI controller driver/firmware combinations.
Strange, but it may work :)

Other option may be to leave the conversion until after NT4 has installed,
Service pack applied, etc (using convert.exe)

HTH,
Dimce