How much RAM can by managed by Windows NT4?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I'd like to put 1 GB RAM into my computer. can 1 GB of RAM
be managed by Windows NT4? Is there a limit?

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6a7f01c49413$f249f880$a601280a@phx.gbl>, Gwyddon@bluewin.ch
says...
> I'd like to put 1 GB RAM into my computer. can 1 GB of RAM
> be managed by Windows NT4? Is there a limit?

1G will be fine. Normal NT can handle up to 2G.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Calvin

Hi Phil,

Have a look at knowledgebase article "99707 - How Windows NT Provides 4
Gigabytes of Memory" for a more thorough explanation of how NT4 manages memory.

1GB will not give you any trouble at all. Be warned that exceeding 1.79GB of RAM
during the NT4 install can cause trouble. See Knowledgebase article "177652 -
STOP 0x78 During Setup on a System With More Than 1.792GB of Memory"

Also be warned on rare occasions the situation described in Knowledgebase
article "172340 - STOP C00000221 Bad Image Checksum After Adding RAM" may occur.
The article describes the solution.

Hope this info helps.

Calvin.