NTFS disk resize

Hi,

Are there any free tools out there that allows me to resize the NTFS
partition? I'm looking to upgrade my NT 4.0 server to Windows 2003. The
default size for NT partition is 4GB.

Regards,
Norman

Partiton Magic and resize partitions.
NOTE: This may cause the NTFS volume to be upgraded from
v1.0 to v1.3. Some disk utilities may stop working. You
must have Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 install or better
to read the newer version of NTFS. Check the Partition
Magic documentation about NTFS version upgrades and how to
manage or prevent them.
!!WARNING!!: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SERVICE PACK 5 INSTALLED
AND NTFS IS UPGRADED, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BOOT
WINDOWS NT!

Service pack four meets the requirement but to have any hope of this working
the op would probably want to be at SP6A. PM doesn't work on server
versions. For this you need something like the more expensive VolumeManager

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"xe77" wrote:
| Partiton Magic and resize partitions.
| NOTE: This may cause the NTFS volume to be upgraded from
| v1.0 to v1.3. Some disk utilities may stop working. You
| must have Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 5 install or better
| to read the newer version of NTFS. Check the Partition
| Magic documentation about NTFS version upgrades and how to
| manage or prevent them.
| !!WARNING!!: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SERVICE PACK 5 INSTALLED
| AND NTFS IS UPGRADED, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO BOOT
| WINDOWS NT!

> Service pack four meets the requirement but to have any hope of this working
> the op would probably want to be at SP6A. PM doesn't work on server
> versions. For this you need something like the more expensive VolumeManager

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will install Win98 on a FAT and
make my NT4.0 Sever dual boot to Win98. Then install PM on Win98, and
move the partition from there.

Regards,
Norman

Do you know, if one had Windows NT Server installed on a
Basic Disk using NTFS would the MS-DOS (Offline version) of
Partiton Magic work on it? Tried it?

It might, or just stick the drive in a workstation to do the work on it.