Is AMD coming out with new stuff for next year?

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I was reading about someone posting something about AMD coming out with the new m2 socket and new dual cores in 2006. Does anyone know about this??? Is it good and if it's true, when in 06 are they coming out? I was at amd's website and didn't see anything about the new m2 socket and new dual cores. But also i'm not that computer savvy my self. :?

Ampz

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2005
Amd is releasing M2 socket which is new 940 (old 940s won't work in this socket and vice versa) the object is to allow amd to cross over to the ubr ddr2 ram. They will launch the fx62 etc. it will be good. They said march or something i forget but the truth of the matter is they said same with crossfire and how many months late was that? Also your guess is as good as mine when it does come out if there will be a good OCing MB that comes out with it lol.

BIG_Mullah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
As far as roumors are correct, the M2 should be presented on CeBIT Fair Mid March. Availability for endusers on the market I think not before end of April or May.

In the next 2 weeks Athlon 64 FX 60 (dualcore 2,6ghz, 2x 1MB Cache) for Socket 939 should be released.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
As far as roumors are correct, the M2 should be presented on CeBIT Fair Mid March. Availability for endusers on the market I think not before end of April or May.

In the next 2 weeks Athlon 64 FX 60 (dualcore 2,6ghz, 2x 1MB Cache) for Socket 939 should be released.
Dam amd 64 fx60 dual core? Where did you find that info out? I was at there website and didn't read about it. I wonder how much that's going to cost. :p i'm pretty sure out of my price range.

DScott79

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
I do not in any way shape or form hate Intel. I currently use an AMD processor but grew up with Intel and have enjoyed their efforts and achievments in the processor industry.

However, I do have to make a remark in regards to their new slogan "Leap Ahead".

Well, it stinks.

It is in no way catchy and it simply rubs me the wrong way. I think they would have been best to drop it all together. Just the name Intel would have sufficed in my opinion. Using only the name has worked for AMD just fine. But then again, it is just my opinion.

Anyone disagree?

mpjesse

Splendid
I agree... it blows. Paul Ontelli (their new CEO) is a "marketting guy." He's the first non-engineer to ever run intel. I guess he felt now was a good time to further confuse the world with "Core" and "Duo" and whatnot.

While I think it is time for Intel to change their branding a bit (Pentium name brand has worn itself out big time), "Leap Ahead" is... uncreative IMO. Though I can't say that AMD's is any better. Do they even have a slogan?

-mpjesse

black_dought

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Regardless of where they leap to, I believe AMD has once again secured its spot of being ahead of Intel with the M2. Not to mention, "Leap Ahead"??? Really, I think of Leap Frog children games when I hear that. *tisk tisk*

DScott79

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
No, AMD does not have a slogan. But it seems to have worked for them. If I could guess on a slogan it would probably be, "Take anything we can get". Meaning, take any customers that Intel has long since had a firm grasp on.

What ever happened to the old saying, "Action speaks louder than words".

Intel should try and live by that slogan rather than "Leap Ahead". Don't get me wrong I think Intel will do alright regardless of their marketing downfalls. However, they don't want to turn away new prospective buyers because they are annoyed with new commercials of the Blueman Group doing leap frog on T.V.

mpjesse

Splendid
However, they don't want to turn away new prospective buyers because they are annoyed with the new commercials of the Blueman Group doing leap frog on T.V.

Are you serious? They actually have those clowns doing that? I guess I haven't seen the commercial.

If Intel were serious about a new brand and marketting strategy they would have ditched the Blue Man Group.

Whatever. It's retarded. LOL

-mpjesse

DScott79

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2002
Oops, I should have clarified. There is no commercial, yet. That was simply my spin of what it would be if they were to have one.

:lol:

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Oops, I should have clarified. There is no commercial, yet. That was simply my spin of what it would be if they were to have one.

:lol:

er over hear in the UK that is there commercial for the intel Centrino Laptops, and theres another with one on a scooter thing.

look HERE