NT Reinstall from broken hardisk

Hi, recently an NT 4 server hard disk went down amd can no longer be rebooted
from however I have the contents of the hard disk of it. I am trying to
reinstall windows NT on a new HD and need to know what files are needed to
make it run exactly like the old one. I also had exchange 5.5 and would need
to know what I need to copy over to make it run. If someone could point me to
a set-up guide or a tool that could do this.

Thanks

I am not sure I am understanding all details of your problem. You mean your
old disk hardware is broken and you have backup? In such case simply restore
your backup to new disk (eventually you need to install temporary OS
instance first to prepare partition structure and to run backup
software...).

Copying old files over new instalation is dangerous in case your new system
configuration is not very close to the old one. Especially if you get your
old files from recovery of broken disk.