How can I use WDS as a repeater ?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 13, 2005 8:50:11 PM

I have a wireless broadband router CNet CNBR-914W connected to my ISP modem
(DHCP server on) and a 3COM Officeconnect Wireless 11G Router (3CRWE554G72T)
with WDS (DHCP server switched off)

So how can I connect 3com to work as a repeater? I have turned WDS on.

So far I know that SSID must be the same on both , and I fill in the mac
address from CNET to 3COM.
And that DHCP is switched off. I have tried this , I connect to SSID
without a problem but nothing happens, so I must have forget something?

Maybe I have to configure the CNet router as well?

Thanks for any advice!

balo

More about : wds repeater

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 14, 2005 10:08:13 PM

I am not familiar with your specific Hardware.

However under WDS most units could be a Repeater or Client Module, make sure that you
are not configured as Client, and start the process with all Security Filters Off.
Switch them On only when it is actually working.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

!