Any new mid range cards coming to AGP?

I'm currently building a system with some spare parts i have, and was wondering are there any new generation cards coming out for AGP.Cards such as the x1600xt. Any info on this subject would be a great help.

Cheers.

Quantum Sheep
18 answers Last reply
More about range cards coming
  1. yep the x1600 is coming out as agp but I do not know when im affraid
  2. Here are the details: X1600 pro

No release date though
  3. 6800GS is pretty good, run about $220
  4. X1300AGP and X1600AGP are confirmed products with an ETA of Feb/March.

The GF7800GS AGP is a rumoured product for eVGA and XFX and it's supposed to come to market around the same timeframe.
  5. http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=315

Apparently the X1600 Pro AGP is available now, but who knows where?
  6. lol wait a few days and you should find it in newegg
  7. x1600 has about the same performance as a 6600GT so don't waste your time on it. The X800 GTO or 6800GS are about the best you can do now for $200 and would be enough to last a while.

Anymore muscle than that for newer games and your system would most likely be bottlenecked at the CPU or memory and wouldn't be able to use the extra GPU horsepower anyways.
  8. Quote:
    http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=315

Apparently the X1600 Pro AGP is available now, but who knows where?

Well the article (dated today) says they started shipping the cards today, therefore that would mean OEMs and e-tailers probably will start having stock by next week, just in time to beat the Feb rumours, which would be a nice surprise for many people.
  9. Did the petition for the 7800GTX to have a AGP version come through?

I know there was an online petition for it but i havent heard if anything came about from it!

BS
  10. And to see this thread right by the ones on the X1600pro and GeForce 7300... Must be lucky, I guess. :P

At any rate, I do classify the X1600pro as a viable mid-range card. Not as good as a plain X800, let alone an X800GTO, it's still a potential choice for the price; at least on PCI-e, it costs about as much as the GeForce 6600GT, stays fairly neck-and-neck to it, (they beat each other often enough) offers 256MB of video RAM for the price of the 128MB GeForce 6600GT, (!) and a host of other features, such as their AVIVO technology and highly efficient AA and AF, make it quite a worthy selection for its range. Let's hope it comes to be a similar story for the AGP version.

However, as of yet, I've got to see more information on the 7300 before I'll form an opinion.

Quote:
    Did the petition for the 7800GTX to have a AGP version come through?

I know there was an online petition for it but i havent heard if anything came about from it!

BS

Petitions seem to have a spectacular rate of failure. I daresay that it, too, met a similar fate to most other petitions, sadly enough.
  11. for $200 the 6800 GS cant be beat. Its a lower watt version of the 6800GT (same frame rates, just uses less electiricty and t herefore is cooler running)

If your not i a huge hurry, new cards are coming out to replace the 7800 and X1800's. SOON in fact. Today nVidia launched the 7300 on the 90nm wiring, their first 90 part. Expect the 78000 replacement very soon based on it. Current for both companies is 110 parts. The new ATI is a 48 pipe card, ala Xbox 360. What this means for you is the current higher end stuff is gonna come down and get replace with products that have more power for the buck. if you can wait 6 weeks, do so. If not, the 6800 GS is your best friend

Hide
  12. Quote:
    Current for both companies is 110 parts

actually ati's entire X1x00 series is 90nm technology
  13. Quote:
    for $200 the 6800 GS cant be beat. Its a lower watt version of the 6800GT (same frame rates, just uses less electiricty and t herefore is cooler running)

If your not i a huge hurry, new cards are coming out to replace the 7800 and X1800's. SOON in fact. Today nVidia launched the 7300 on the 90nm wiring, their first 90 part. Expect the 78000 replacement very soon based on it. Current for both companies is 110 parts. The new ATI is a 48 pipe card, ala Xbox 360. What this means for you is the current higher end stuff is gonna come down and get replace with products that have more power for the buck. if you can wait 6 weeks, do so. If not, the 6800 GS is your best friend

Hide

Wait a second? So we're downgrading our systems to an Xbox360 this year? Darn.
  14. Quote:
    for $200 the 6800 GS cant be beat. Its a lower watt version of the 6800GT (same frame rates, just uses less electiricty and t herefore is cooler running)

No it's not! Freakin' n00bs! :roll:
    The GF6800GS IS the GF6800GT, so your statement is physically impossible. You're confusing the PCIe and AGP parts, and still confused further as to why.

Quote:
    Current for both companies is 110 parts.

Once again wrong! The X1xxx series are all 90nm.

Quote:
    The new ATI is a 48 pipe card, ala Xbox 360.

Once again, no it's not! Seriously don't post anymore technical information, you are simply regurgitating info you don't understand and F'in it up!

Quote:
    If not, the 6800 GS is your best friend

Not for AGP. The AIWX800XT is one of the best deals out there.
  15. You're going to end up in the same boat as me :D :D
  16. Yeah you're probably right. But G-damn there's a hell of alot of n00b nonsense posts!

Sure the forum has never been more active but, it's because the spam, crap, and just plain dumb posts has grown exponentially!

I'm just trying to inject a little sanity, among other things.

BTW, if the boat's a rockin' maybe you should check out my recent (and first ever) Poll for some idea of another reason why. :twisted:
  17. Damn...that was a pretty successful poll!

I havent read the article in which the poll is based on yet, so I dont want to throw in my two cents there, but from the looks of your post's....things are kind of a joke here?

....and why exactly did ATi hire Lars?.....after the 5800U/9700Pro B.S. Toms printed, I'm really suprised at ATi's move :?
  18. You know I always felt Lars was trying to act balanced (like trying to help the FX) in order to not look biased. Of course with everyone seeing obvious flaws it looked even more biased in the opposite direction. I don't know if anything else were involved but I always found him open and knowledgeable, and I used to read his posts alot @ 3Dcentre too. Him and Demirug (you know him from B3D) were great on that forum.

Ithink he'd do well with any mfr, even XFI

It's really about using everything you can.

Anywhoo, check out the article and you decide if there's anything strange. I'd like to see what you think, as well as the others who remember when Thomas and Borsti did occasionally slum in the forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics