OEM 9700 Pro video card seems to not display videos correct

ultrafit2006

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
I just recently bought a fairly new OEM 9700 Pro video card off of ebay. I installed the latest drivers from the ATI site for Windows XP. Well, when I try to watch movies on my computer I get this:
The movies plays, yes, no problem there, but there is this matrix looking green dashes all in neat rows in a vertical position across the screen. I tried changing some of the display settings with the catalyst control center but none worked. Is this A) bad video card and I need to get a refund; B)bad drivers; C)lower power supply. I have a 300W power supply on it now. I have a 1600+ AMD Athlon XP processor with 789RAM. 2 Hard Drives, DVDR, floppy drive. What would be your plan of action?
I do have a 500 W Antec SmartPower (brand new), waiting to be installed, once I figure on how to mount it to the inside of my computer. It is bigger than the PSU in my computer now so some adjustments need to be made, but that is for another forum to discuss.

cheetahpro

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
From the information you gave so far it is pointing to the memory on the card, but the easiest thing to try first would be the driver, although the symtoms do not point to the power supply it doesn't hurt to try that to...you don't have to mount it in the computer to give it a try, good luck