NT 4.0 Processor migration

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I have a server (PC) that is a multi-processor system
(MPS) that needs to be upgraded. The replacement system
does not have a scsi attached CD-rom and is a single-
processor system with a IDE attached CD-Rom.

When I restore a veritas backup of the MPS system to the
new system it does not recognize the CD-Rom drive. The
data is restored properly but no CD-Rom drive exists.

How can I update the ntdetect (hardware) information
without corrupting my restored data (software, SAM, &
Security files)?

Thanks,

Don

Don

Standard way is to ADD new ATAPI/IDE controller driver through SCSI adapters
applet in Control panels (all mass storage devices are controlled by SCSI
panel regardless of real bus type). Use either driver provided by controller
(or motheboard) manufacturer or updated ATAPI.SYS driver from MS site (but
it is SP4 version so you need to reapply current servicepack after this -
you can eventually replace it by SP6a version without application of SP6a,
but do not forget to change checksum values for both possible occurances of
atapi.sys file in winnt\repair\setup.log to "acaa").

luck