can not join the domain

Hi,

My domain controller is Windows 2003. One client PC is
Windows NT 4.0. When I join this PC to the domain, I
get "unable to connect to the domain controller to this
domain. Have your administrator check your computer
account on the domain" error messages. I can ping the
domain controller, IP address, DNS/WINS setting is
correct.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Lisa,

Look if this applies

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555038
How to enable Windows 98/ME/NT clients to logon to Windows 2003 based
Domains

Built-in Help
Compatibility with previous operating systems

For more information about SMB packet signing, see "Microsoft network
server: Digitally sign communications (always)" in Help and Support Center
for Windows Server 2003.
For more information about secure channel signing, see "Domain member:
Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always)" in Help and Support
Center for Windows Server 2003.

TRENDING THREADS