need advice for selecting Vedio Card

nauman_416

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
:?: [/b]hi,

i am not a gamer sort of person,,, my only interest with Vedio card is to

1) Play and Burn digital Pictures and

2) >> convert camcordr movies into DVD format.

3) .. watch TV and record on my HD

what u suggest the best and good priced card for this purpose.

i am running FX- 5200 card and ATI TV tuner card .

i bought ATI radeon X 700 Pro 256 AGP card today and i find that it does not has
DVD acceleration feature

Do u think this card is good for my need or i should return it.

My Computer specifications are

Intel 3.2E,
Asus P4 800 E deluxe MOBO,
Ram= 1024 MB dual channel DDR,
Pioneer DVD burner,
Ati TV tuner and external Hauppag USB TV tuner

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Just about any modern graphics card should do all of the things you need it for so that one should do fine. I have never used or seen an x700, i thought you only got x600's but considering that i can do most things with a 9600xt you should be fine.

cookieman830

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah any card should do... but if you have a little money to spend and would like to enchance your experience you may look into getting an ATI All-In-One Card. There are new and old versions of this card so look around depending on what your budget is.

Not sure what your current TV tuner card is, but the All-In-One cards come with software for doing the stuff that you want to do plus it has nice TV recording and watching features like DVR's and Tivo have with the tv guide and all that.

From a technical side, having everything on one card is faster because you won't need to transfer video through the slower PCI interface across the bus to the video card. Everything is handled on the video card and uses the faster AGP or PCIe interface.

lol4fun

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Just about any modern graphics card should do all of the things you need it for so that one should do fine. I have never used or seen an x700, i thought you only got x600's but considering that i can do most things with a 9600xt you should be fine.

i have an x700 pro, there is a pcix version and an agp version, i have the agp version and it goes like stink compared to the 9800xt i had before :D

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
i'm trying for a x1900xtx but i doubt i will get one, i can still hope though...
Happy new year, the earth just did somethin it does everyday, it moved around the sun. Yay, who cares, but happy new year anyway.

lol4fun

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
yea i wouldnt mind one of those, gonna be costly tho because i need ta get a new mobo and cpu as wel, oh and happy new year :)

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
The idiots outside are just going through the annual ceremonial dog traumatization, what was i going to say. Oh yes, i just got myself (hopefully) an A8V-E deluxe from taiwan i am using an A8V deluxe at the moment so when that board comes all i need to do is organise a card, unfortuantely living at the rear end of earth stunts your ability to play computer games on a pc that does not run on coal.