Help and Support Center not loading

Problem: The local Help and Support Center not loading in any way. No
response in System Information. Tried antivirus scans (updated NAV2004),
AdAware (Lavasoft). No response in Help and Support Center on
go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp via Computer Management/Event
viewer/Properties.
The necesarry services are running (auto)
Any suggestions? Pls...
--
Thanks, MK
4 answers Last reply

    Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work:
    Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver

    To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right
    click and choose install. Have your CD handy.

    Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control
    folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for
    known file types.

    I'm no expert, but I did stay at
    the Holiday Inn last night

    "Mkis62" wrote:

    > Problem: The local Help and Support Center not loading in any way. No
    > response in System Information. Tried antivirus scans (updated NAV2004),
    > AdAware (Lavasoft). No response in Help and Support Center on
    > go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp via Computer Management/Event
    > viewer/Properties.
    > The necesarry services are running (auto)
    > Any suggestions? Pls...
    > --
    > Thanks, MK

    Go to the services, highlight and click restart.
    "Mkis62" <Mkis62@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Problem: The local Help and Support Center not loading in any way. No
    > response in System Information. Tried antivirus scans (updated NAV2004),
    > AdAware (Lavasoft). No response in Help and Support Center on
    > go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp via Computer Management/Event
    > viewer/Properties.
    > The necesarry services are running (auto)
    > Any suggestions? Pls...
    > --
    > Thanks, MK

    Thanks ... I already tried ... but still not working. Maybe is a deeper
    problem (msinfo32 also not responding) ...

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work:
    > Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver
    >
    > To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right
    > click and choose install. Have your CD handy.
    >
    > Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control
    > folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for
    > known file types.
    >
    > I'm no expert, but I did stay at
    > the Holiday Inn last night
    >

    > "Mkis62" wrote:
    >
    > > Problem: The local Help and Support Center not loading in any way. No
    > > response in System Information. Tried antivirus scans (updated NAV2004),
    > > AdAware (Lavasoft). No response in Help and Support Center on
    > > go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp via Computer Management/Event
    > > viewer/Properties.
    > > The necesarry services are running (auto)
    > > Any suggestions? Pls...
    > > --
    > > Thanks, MK

    After this post, found a solution in "Help and Support" section - in a replay
    from Wesley. Finally works!
    Shortly:
    1) reinstall Help and Support (*steps described in previous posts ... with
    XP CD & Windows\Service Pack files);
    2) in Start-Run > helpctr -regserver
    3) in Start-Run > regsvr32 /u hhctrl.ocx
    4) in Start-Run > regsvr32 hhctrl.ocx

    I tried before only the first two steps ... with no results
    Perhaps the last two are essential...

    Thanks, Wesley!

    "Mkis62" wrote:

    > Thanks ... I already tried ... but still not working. Maybe is a deeper
    > problem (msinfo32 also not responding) ...
    >

    > "Byte" wrote:
    >
    > > Start Menu/Help and Support doesn't work:
    > > Go to Start/Run and type in: helpctr -regserver
    > >
    > > To reinstall Help and Support: Go to C:\Windows\inf\pchealth.inf. Right
    > > click and choose install. Have your CD handy.
    > >
    > > Note: The folder is hidden by default. Go to Start/Run and type in: control
    > > folders. View: Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide extensions for
    > > known file types.
    > >
    > > I'm no expert, but I did stay at
    > > the Holiday Inn last night
    > >

    > > "Mkis62" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Problem: The local Help and Support Center not loading in any way. No
    > > > response in System Information. Tried antivirus scans (updated NAV2004),
    > > > AdAware (Lavasoft). No response in Help and Support Center on
    > > > go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp via Computer Management/Event
    > > > viewer/Properties.
    > > > The necesarry services are running (auto)
    > > > Any suggestions? Pls...
    > > > --
    > > > Thanks, MK

Support Microsoft Windows XP