Configuring NT 4 PCs

Hi everybody,
I urgently need to purchase and configure 5 PCs with
Windows NT 4.0 OS. PCs must have at least one ISA slot for
an old ISA board. The driver of this board only works with
NT 4.0 (that's why I can't use 2000 or XP).
Where should I buy this stuff (OS and PCs) being 100% sure
it works without problems?
I heard about installing XP and then downgrade the system,
does this sound OK?
Regards,
Pier
1 answer Last reply
More about configuring
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

    You cannot down grade a system after installing XP. It would be a new
    install so I don't see any point in installing XP first. If you don't
    already own the NT4 software I don't know where your going to get it. You'll
    have to search around. I would check with some of your local PC suppliers to
    find this stuff. Your talking about a OS that is 10 years old already!

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Pier" <pier.dalfarra@idf-projects.it> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody,
    > I urgently need to purchase and configure 5 PCs with
    > Windows NT 4.0 OS. PCs must have at least one ISA slot for
    > an old ISA board. The driver of this board only works with
    > NT 4.0 (that's why I can't use 2000 or XP).
    > Where should I buy this stuff (OS and PCs) being 100% sure
    > it works without problems?
    > I heard about installing XP and then downgrade the system,
    > does this sound OK?
    > Regards,
    > Pier

PCS Microsoft Windows XP Windows