Drama Storm Brews Between Generations of Diablo Game Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Diablo 3 Was great the first time through it. Struggled to keep interested to finish Inferno.....Now it's just boring trash. Paragon. What a lame attempt to keep people playing.

Diablo 2 Still great.

I wonder who should be f*@#ed

Between the always-online crap and the decision to go all-out for multiplayer, there was so much wrong with this game from the get-go that I was barely interested in it. And I spent so much time on Diablo II that I nearly failed out of college. He took the series straight off the cliff.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Blizzard use to be a good company but seriously bashing a former employee on a public website like that is uncalled for. Seriously D3 development team needs to grow up.

lunaticwoda

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Dear jay and Jill
Jill your a ignorant fuck with no talent other than to wow the game up as much as possible. Jay dont let your corporate buddies fool you. YOU didnt create the most selling game of all time DAVID DID. This game could of been done with fucking stick figures and we would of STILL bought it. We hoped for good gameplay (its adequet at best) we hoped for an amazing story line to finish this game Metzen hasn't had talent in now over a decade. The game is bad the story is pitiful unless your a mindless drone. Thiz blizzard team management are just a bunch of corprate cock sucking idiots with no talent.

BigBodZod

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[citation][nom]lunaticwoda[/nom]Dear jay and JillJill your a ignorant fuck with no talent other than to wow the game up as much as possible. Jay dont let your corporate buddies fool you. YOU didnt create the most selling game of all time DAVID DID. This game could of been done with fucking stick figures and we would of STILL bought it. We hoped for good gameplay (its adequet at best) we hoped for an amazing story line to finish this game Metzen hasn't had talent in now over a decade. The game is bad the story is pitiful unless your a mindless drone. Thiz blizzard team management are just a bunch of corprate cock sucking idiots with no talent.[/citation]

The only reson I'm giving D3 a one, is beacuase, the voices where pretty good.

But that's it!!!

deicided

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Blizzard, bioware, dice... so many good developers turning bad lately.[/citation]

Blame EA for the Dice one. Sticking their sticky fingers in dev matters trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the BF franchise and trying way to hard to convert CoD players to massive, open, strategic and team base gameplay and looked what happened to the final result.

G

Seriously people is disappointment so hard to take. Instead of a great game we got a above average game. Diablo 3 will probably never fill the shoes of 2. To say the game is unplayable is childish. The story is terrible, the lag sucked in the begining, the seperate levels of difficulty are unimaginitive and everyone seems to play similar characters. What kills me about d3 is the lack of a generally creepy atmosphere. It really felt like th dev made sanctuary into a bad joke. What they did do right is gameplay and animation. You can tell the amount of work that went into those mechanics. I gave blizzard my 60 bucks. I played for probably 100 hours. Overall I was disappointed. Do I hate blizzard? No. Will I preorder another blizzard game blindly based on it being a beloved sequel? Probably not.

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
'Gonna say it again, games are suck this year... Im having more fun reading all the replies to forums like these about everyone else whom are sick and tired of these mega publishers ruining everything for the rest of us... I think twice or even three times before I invest in any title here on... I can't wait for the next generation of game designers to come... But they dont exist yet? Anyways F.U. Bliz, EA, Activision!!!!

w0_od

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
meh i am sure in the end of the day the current team will be laughing their way all to the bank. D3 is not much of a game as an expansion to d2. And that it sells and sells so well shows you that gamers are not the majority of the community. Pointless to argue against the tidal wave of the lowest common denominator.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
D3 was clearly an attempt to make a pay-to-win game with the auction house and now blizz are terrified that their server overheads won't be covered hence all the patches. Bad idea from the start, useless launch and the result is a game which was about the items now being about a virtual auction house.

We need these modern devs & publishers to all go bust as they have clearly lost touch with the gaming community: Bioware, Blizzard, Activision, EA.

mazty

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
[citation][nom]w0_od[/nom]meh i am sure in the end of the day the current team will be laughing their way all to the bank. D3 is not much of a game as an expansion to d2. And that it sells and sells so well shows you that gamers are not the majority of the community. Pointless to argue against the tidal wave of the lowest common denominator.[/citation]
Not really as they have a lot of servers to pay for. They were probably relying on r/l auctions to generate a profit rather then just the game. There's a reason they've been rush-releasing patches; if they were already financially stable they wouldn't need to try so hard.

sten_gn

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
RIP Diablo 3 - i have played it and i am disappointed ! There are some nice ideas but overall it is just another weak sh!t of great series.
Blizzard-Activision have wasted time. Over 10 years and for nothing.
Fortunately i only play on "starter" for free.
Single player on-line almost totally idiotic.
Always on-line multiplayer is a joke, only 4 players.

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
Well the record sales were mostly due to pre-purchases as far as I know and therefore carried 100% by the franchise reputation that Brevik helped to establish. What people thought they were buying was a better Diablo II, but instead they got a complete bastard game. Williams is a berk if you ask me.

G

Metacritic user score for Diablo 3 = 3.8
Metacritic user score for Hellgate = 6.2

Maybe blizzard needs to redefine what constitutes success....

jaysmeister

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
This game (D3) did not sell well because it is good. It sold well because Diablo II was great.

When it comes to the Diablo space, these devs aren't worthy to refill Brevik's coffee mug.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
lol thanks for the news tom, after I got torchlight 2, now I actually checking Marvel Heroes after reading this article. it seems to be anything better than D3 is not so bad at all.

uz13l

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
[citation][nom]capt_taco[/nom]Between the always-online crap and the decision to go all-out for multiplayer, there was so much wrong with this game from the get-go that I was barely interested in it. And I spent so much time on Diablo II that I nearly failed out of college. He took the series straight off the cliff.[/citation]

Amen brother.. Thankfully I didn't spend money on D3. A friend gave it to me for my bday. I was severely disappointed. Leveling is not as much fun anymore. I mostly play single player.. having to be online to do that was insulting. Loved having to wait for servers to come back online so I can play by myself! The end felt way to positive and happy for a Diablo game. It was awesome in D2 when Baal walked out and torched the prison! I, like you, invested hundreds of hours into D1 & D2. D2 is STILL fun to play. The builds are numerous and take talent and planning to achieve. Blizz South and Jay Wilson saying they have the fastest/best selling game of all time is, as another poster said, attributed to Blizz North and their games. Blizz South does not deserve credit for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.