ntbackup.exe error Win 2003

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Good Morning,

I'm running SBS2003 and I keep getting a error messages when I run the
Windows backup Utility.

Reporting queued error: faulting application ntbackup.exe, version
5.2.3790.70, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address
0x00008789.

I have several drives being backed up, most of the drives back up and then I
get the error and it stops. It started doing this maybe a few weeks ago.

Thanks!

Anthony Smith

In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

any other errors in the backup log or event logs ?

Please note the SBS 2003 specific newsgroup below.
--
Henry Craven. {SBS-MVP}
=====================================

News Server : news.microsoft.com
SBS 4/4.5 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
SBS 2000 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003 : microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
=====================================

"Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
> Good Morning,
>
> I'm running SBS2003 and I keep getting a error messages when I run the
> Windows backup Utility.
>
> Reporting queued error: faulting application ntbackup.exe, version
> 5.2.3790.70, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault
address
> 0x00008789.
>
> I have several drives being backed up, most of the drives back up and
then I
> get the error and it stops. It started doing this maybe a few weeks
ago.

> Thanks!
>
> Anthony Smith
>
> In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Good Morning,

Thanks for your reply. There doesn't appear to be much more information in
the logs. I can give you a little more info on the error.

When I reset the server and log on, I get the error message automatically
without doing a backup.
It tells me the same thing and then it tries to send the error to Microsoft.
I took a look at the files it wanted to send to Microsoft and it was going
to send:

APPCOMPAT.TXT
NTBACKUP.EXE.MDMP

Hope this helps. Thanks!

"Henry Craven" <IUnknown@Dot.Nyet> wrote in message
> any other errors in the backup log or event logs ?
>
> Please note the SBS 2003 specific newsgroup below.
> --
> Henry Craven. {SBS-MVP}
> =====================================
> For the fastest response Post to the appropriate News
> Group with as much detail of the Problem Space, Error
> Message and Environment as possible:
>
> News Server : news.microsoft.com
> SBS 4/4.5 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
> SBS 2000 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
> SBS 2003 : microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
> =====================================
>
> "Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > I'm running SBS2003 and I keep getting a error messages when I run the
> > Windows backup Utility.
> >
> > Reporting queued error: faulting application ntbackup.exe, version
> > 5.2.3790.70, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault
> address
> > 0x00008789.
> >
> > I have several drives being backed up, most of the drives back up and
> then I
> > get the error and it stops. It started doing this maybe a few weeks
> ago.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Anthony Smith
> >
> > In God We Trust!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup (More info?)

Sorry, can't tell from that, you'd need to open the files and read the
errors.
Did you allow the error report to be sent to MS ? You should. If it's a
known issue and a fix is available you'll get a notification back as
part of the process, or at least the MS Staff will be able to see if
this is a recurring and common problem that needs attention and so
provide and publish a fix.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
Melbourne Australia