Flight Sim control yokes

rod

Hello, I am about to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century Of
Flight. I am new to flight sims, and am wondering what devices people use
to control the planes? I'm mainly wondering about rudder controls.. Are
there control yokes available that incorporate rudder controls? Or do you
use separate pedals?

Thanks, Ted

"Rod" <Rod@hotmail.com> wrote :

> Hello, I am about to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century Of
> Flight. I am new to flight sims, and am wondering what devices people use
> to control the planes? I'm mainly wondering about rudder controls.. Are
> there control yokes available that incorporate rudder controls? Or do you
> use separate pedals?

there is a very popular yoke from chproducts that has separate pedals,
very realistic, expecially the yoke. some good model of average
joysticks now have torque capability to control the rudder,
but I don't find this very comfortable or of any realism.
The joystick center is also different from what you can
expect comfortable to fly the plane, is too high (imho).

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Rod I use a Saitek cyborg 3d rumble force stick it has good throttle
control and you twist it for rudder control it suits me just fine. Bob
"Rod" <Rod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am about to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century Of
> Flight. I am new to flight sims, and am wondering what devices people use
> to control the planes? I'm mainly wondering about rudder controls.. Are
> there control yokes available that incorporate rudder controls? Or do you
> use separate pedals?
>
> Thanks, Ted

rod

"Rod" <Rod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I am about to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 Century Of
> Flight. I am new to flight sims, and am wondering what devices people use
> to control the planes? I'm mainly wondering about rudder controls.. Are
> there control yokes available that incorporate rudder controls? Or do you
> use separate pedals?
>
> Thanks, Ted

One more thing, what type of multiplayer support does FS2004 have??

"Rod" <Rod@hotmail.com> wrote :

> One more thing, what type of multiplayer support does FS2004 have??

the game has its own multiplayer support, as well as "fake" planes
and air traffic control embedded in the game even if you don't
play online. I never tried it and read different opinion about
the realism it offers, altough it seems to be very crowdy at times :)

Over it there is a world of people playing online with real (other)
people playing like air traffic controllers with their own radars,
controlled airports and areas, follow me cars and even catering
truck, I guess ;), group mainly in two associations wich are
vatsim and ivao (vatsim is more populated in the usa maybe ?)
while ivao is for sure in this side of the world. the site of
ivao is www.ivao.org you can subscribe and follow your carreer
as pilot, controller, or both. the way to play is a bit complicated
but as you get used (you got to install another program to make
your simulator see other people online like you, and another to
talk like in a radio to them) it's very fun, 100% real.

you can also make real troubles and people upset (I swear :),
well, just like the real thing ;) I live in europe and hint ivao,
but I guess vatsim is nothing less fun.

enjoy and feel free to ask more hints, guess you will need many.

if I can give you an hint, get use to the game on your own first,
this will make your life easier after

cheers

MJ