Problem adding a 2nd CPU to a Single CPU system with Windo..

We are running Service Pack 6a.

What is the easist way to add a 2nd CPU to a single CPU system?

We've installed the 2nd CPU, but NT 4.0 does not recognize it and we get a
blue screen of death. Any ideas?

Thanks,
lb

You probably need to run UPtoMP:

In article <3D82C90B-494C-4974-8D8F-83BF5039C070@microsoft.com>,
"=?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgQmlsZWxsbyAtIFJldXRlcnMgQW1lcmljYQ==?=" <Larry Bilello -
Reuters America@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
|We are running Service Pack 6a.
|
|What is the easist way to add a 2nd CPU to a single CPU system?
|
|We've installed the 2nd CPU, but NT 4.0 does not recognize it and we get a
|blue screen of death. Any ideas?
|
|Thanks,
|lb

You may also want to look at this article as Uptomp doesn't always work.
Unfortunately just adding a 2nd processor isn't as easy as you would think
with NT4.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;156358

--
Scott Harding