Sign in with
Your question

Strange LCD Problem

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 14, 2002 7:38:47 PM

I bought a KDS Rad-5 about 4 or 5 months ago and I love it except for one little problem. A vertical red line appeared near the left side of the screen and will not go away. The monitor was OK when it was purchased. Changing colors/brightness/contrast/resolution does nothing. I have even tested the monitor on 2 others PCs with the same result. I have looked all over the net and found nothing about this. I would have exchanged it under warranty, but the company's support is hard to reach and I would like to know if I could fix this myself.

Thanks for any help.

More about : strange lcd problem

January 14, 2002 9:00:45 PM

Seems to me as if the pixel processor (sorry if that's not the correct term....) may be defective, or u have a very odd occurence of dead pixels, ie it slipped out during manufacture. Try to get a replcaement....if not, let it be known KDS has shitt service.

My rice car will leave your R8500 in the dust!
January 15, 2002 12:14:07 AM

sounds like an entire row of dead pixels. I don't know if thats even possible, but my friends LCD has one dead pixel and its red, so it seems possible you have an entire line.
Deffinitly get another.

Trusting every aspect of our lives to a giant computer was the greatest thing we ever did -Homer
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
January 16, 2002 8:47:28 PM

Sounds like you have a real problem. Don't wait, call support now.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.
!