Printer Port

It seems that i have deleted one of my "virtual printer ports for USB" by
mistake. Does anyone know how to add one again?

I used to use one for my laserjet printer and one for my ink jet...now i
only have one!!!

Thanks

Mark

"Mark Atkin-Barrett" <marks_email@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> It seems that i have deleted one of my "virtual printer ports for USB" by
> mistake. Does anyone know how to add one again?
>
> I used to use one for my laserjet printer and one for my ink jet...now i only
> have one!!!

It depends a bit on your printer and operating system, but in general the
easiest solution would be to:
1. determine which printer still works
2. unplug the USB cable for the other one
3. uninstall the driver for the printer in (2)
4. now reinstall the driver according to the directions. For some printers
you should install the driver first, only plugging in the USB cable when
prompted.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging